THINGS TO DO AROUND THE HATCHERY
If you like the outdoors, you will have come to the right place when you visit the Norfork National Fish Hatchery! There are plenty of things to do at the hatchery and the surrounding area. Aside from the more enjoyable things like feeding the fish, relaxing, reading a book or snapping a few picks of Dry Run Creek or even taking in a family picnic at one of our many tables situated up and down the stream, there really is plenty to keep you busy on your visit to our area. Here are some ideas to help you plan your trip.
- Lake Norfork; Boat Rentals, Boat Launch, Fishing, Camping, Biking, Hiking, Photography, Scenic Drives, Shopping, Restaurants, Lodging, Parks and Recreation.
- Bull Shoals Lake; Boat Rentals, Boat Launch, Fishing, Camping, Biking, Hiking, Photography, Scenic Drives, Shopping, Restaurants, Lodging, Parks and Recreation.
- Buffalo National River; Photography, Scenic Drives, Visitor Centers, Hiking, Biking, Camping, Shopping, Restaurants, Fishing, Floating, Lodging, Canoe/Kayak Rental and Boat Launch.
- Crooked Creek; Photography, Scenic Drives, Boat Launch, Fishing, Floating, boat launch and Guided Fishing Trips.
- Dry Run Creek; Norfork National Fish Hatchery, Norfork Lake and Dam, Scenic Drives, Photography, Picnics, Fly Fishing, Fish Hatchery, Hiking, Biking, Shopping and Guided Fishing Trips.
- Norfork River: Photography, Scenic Drives, Lodging, Camping, Hiking, Biking, Shopping, Restaurants, Floating, Boat Launch, Fly Shops and Guided Fishing Trips.
- White River: Photography, Visitor Centers, Scenic Drives, Lodging, Camping, Floating, Hiking, Biking, Shopping, Art, Restaurants, Boat Launch, Boat Rental and Guided Fishing Trips.
- State Hwy 177 Norfork National Fish Hatchery Road up and over the Norfork Lake Dam ~ 5 Miles
- Sylamore National Scenic Byway Norfork, AR To Mountain View, AR ~ 50 Miles
- Bull Shoals South Shore Foliage Route Mountain Home, AR to Peel, AR ~ 70 Miles
- Biking; Norfork River, Norfork Lake, Bull Shoals Lake, White River, Sylamore National Forrest and Buffalo River
- Fishing; Norfork River, Norfork Lake, Crooked Creek, Dry Run Creek, White River, Bull Shoals Lake and Buffalo River
- Guided Fishing Trips; Bull Shoals Lake, Norfork Lake, Norfork River, White River and Dry Run Creek
- Hiking Trails;
- Buffalo River Trail ~ Boxley, AR ~ 36 Mile Trail along the Buffalo River
- Buffalo River Trail ~ Woolum, AR ~ 15 Mile Trail along the Buffalo River
- Dogwood Trail ~ Bull Shoals, AR ~ 3 Mile Trail along Bull Shoals Lake
- Robinson Point Trail ~ Norfork, AR ~ 3.3 Mile Trail along Norfork Lake
- Rush Hiking Trail ~ Rush, AR ~ 2.5 Mile Trail next to Buffalo River
- RV/Camping; Norfork Lake, Norfork River, Norfork Dam, Bull Shoals Lake, White River, Crooked Creek and Buffalo River
- Blanchard Springs Caverns ~ Ozark St. Francis National Forest
- Bull Shoals Caverns ~ Bull Shoals, AR
- Golf ~ Big Creek Golf and Country Club and Twin Lakes Golf Course, Mountain Home, AR
- White River Railway ~ Flippin, AR
- Ranger Boat Musuem ~ Flippin, AR
TOURIST TOWNS CLOSE BY
- Cotter, AR
- Annual Shawnee Supreme Boat Trout Tournament ~ March
- Annual Cotter Trout Festival ~ May
- Annual Bridge Bash ~ September
- Big Spring Park ~ Open Year Round
- Mountain Home, AR
- Annual Red White and Blue Festival ~ June/July
- Annual Sowbug Roundup Fly Fishing Expo ~ March
- Annual Conclave Fly Fishing & Fly Tying Expo ~ October
- Annual Baxter County Fair ~ September
- Mountain View, AR
- Annual Bluegrass Festival ~ March and November
- Annual Folk Festival ~ April
- Ozark Folk Musuem ~ Open Year Round
- Annual Mountain Bike Challenge ~ May
- Annual Mountains, Music & Motercycles Event ~ August
- Annual Off the Beaten Path Studio Tour ~ September
- Annual Bean Festival ~ October
- Norfork, AR
- The Wolf House ~ Historic Site Open Year Round
- Annual Pioneer Days Festival ~ May
- Bull Shoals, AR
- Gastons Bull Shoals Visitor Center ~ Open Year Round
- Bull Shoals White River State Park ~ Open Year Round
- Annual Chili Cookoff ~ September